Gravit8 and IPOS joined forces to produce a tailor-made video, seamlessly playing in the background while prompting customers to personalise their own Nike trainers. IPOS took charge of the designs, while Gravit8’s in-house animation team skillfully transformed them into captivating 3D visuals that aligned perfectly with the campaign’s overall imagery. The collaboration between Gravit8 and IPOS was flawless, with IPOS providing all the app graphics, deftly integrated by Gravit8 into the application. Together, we harmoniously executed the project from start to finish.
- Step 1 – Choose between 2 trainer designs: Children are presented with two uncoloured drawings of different trainer designs. They can select their preferred design and proceed to the next step.
- Step 2 – Choose a base colour: Children choose from six base colours, and the selected colour is applied to the base section of the trainer image in real-time.
- Step 3 – Choose a colour for the Nike swoosh: Children select from six base colours for the Nike swoosh, which is dynamically applied to the logo sections of the trainer image.
- Step 4 – Choose an accent colour: Children choose from six accent colours, which are applied uniformly to three accent sections of the trainer image (stitching, lace, and sole).
- Step 5 – Round sticker background colour: Children select from six background colours for the sticker. The chosen colour is applied to the sticker’s background in real-time.
- Final Step – Sticker Preview and Printing: Once children finish customising their trainer design, a fully personalised sticker is displayed on the screen. The sticker incorporates predefined schuh kids branding. The application then sends the image to the integrated sticker printing system, and a physical sticker is printed for the customer.
The Customise Your Own schuh Nike Retail Activation for kids successfully combines interactive technology and personalised customisation to create an engaging retail experience for children. By implementing a touchscreen application that allows children to customise Nike trainers and print out personalised stickers, the activation enhances customer engagement, strengthens the schuh-Nike partnership, and drives footfall within the Westfield, London store.
Between the installation date and November 20th, there’s been a total of 11,621 stickers printed, averaging an impressive 94 stickers per day over a 4-month period.
This remarkable statistic underscores the enduring popularity of the experience. This case study highlights the importance of leveraging technology, imagination, and personalisation to create memorable experiences in the retail sector.