We are thrilled to announce that Gravit8 have been nominated as a finalist in two categories; ‘Best use of technical innovation’ and ‘Most effective NFT campaign’ at the Drum Awards for Digital Industries.
The Drum Awards for Digital Industries reward the best work, companies and people behind the most effective digital campaigns around the world. The digital transformation agenda has presented a huge opportunity for marketing, with more tools, data and channels than ever before.
When the pandemic brought the live event industry to a grinding halt, there was little to replicate the reality of facilitating meetings between sellers and buyers. Video conferencing presented opportunity for meeting “face to face”, but it didn’t come close to replicating the experience or value of in-person events. The question: how to deliver the live event experience, when there was no possibility of live events?
Innovation took on a new meaning post-pandemic: how to create a worthwhile, meaningful, live event experience, when you can’t bring people together in one place?
The objective was to design and launch the Gravit8 Virtual Event Platform (VEP), creating a true-to-life, 3D experience that enables brands to reap the rewards of live events, in a virtual format. It had to be familiar for the delegate – exhibition stands, halls and concourses – and simple for the brands to use, but also push the art of the possible, enhancing the experience of live events with many digital-only features
The strategy was to consider what happens at a live event, how that can be replicated in a virtual format, and what digital enhancements can be incorporated to push the results beyond those you’d expect of a traditional event. It needed to do live events, but better, so that brands and event organisers could maintain the reputation and results they’d established over many years.
The ultimate result is a platform that truly replicates and even surpasses the live event space.
In its first 24 months, the platform has facilitated 214 virtual events. Individual events have supported over 34,000 delegates (although the system is fully elastic and delegate hosting is virtually limitless), amassing over 2.6m attendees in total to the platform. Some of these events have been multi brand including an event with over 50 individual brand exhibition booths.
The Virtual Event Platform (VEP) is a true example of innovation in the tech-sector, born from filling the void for events and exhibitions during an unprecedented international pandemic – it now compliments IRL or hybrid events, and expands well beyond in person events in terms of productivity, reach and continued lifecycle. Our solution provided a much-needed alternative to plain, flat, dull video conferencing, and continues to grow in demand despite a return to in-person events – due to allowing exhibiting brands the freedom to really express themselves and their message. This in turn makes it viable for the organizers to really monetize virtual effectively for the first time, because the brands (and visitors) get an experience that is really investing in.
At Gravit8, we have almost 2 decades of experience in events. We understand the importance of everyone involved, from the brand to the delegate:
- ITV: ” offers ITV a serious competitive advantage in the current climate”
- Capita Travel & Events: “Gravit8 are challenging the status quo… resulting in incredibly strong brand experiences.”
- Shell: “They created an incredible virtual environment for us and delivered a truly unique virtual brand experience…we are so pleased with the end result!”
- Wonder: “It was very polished content and it was all completed in an efficient and organised manner. I’m excited about what we can do in the future.”
- GLS design: “…provided a great solution for our requirements at Sibos and Fintech which was equally well received by the exhibitor and delegates alike.”
- “…a step into the future of virtual exhibitions”
- “Great way to get every colleague engaged”
- “This is cool. So cool!”
- “So impressed by the virtual world. Amazing Technology!!!!”
- “Great Exhibition hall for all to get stuck into and come away with some great knowledge and potential prizes.”
Alastair Reece Managing Director says;
We may a only be a small company, but we are lucky enough to work with some of the worlds largest brands. We are grateful to be recognised at the Drum Awards amongst all of the inspiring entrants, thank you to all who voted